Thursday, August 9, 2012

Writing and Healing


"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

- Cyril Connolly


The written word has the power to heal.
It allows me to channel my emotions honestly.
It clears my doubts and put my thoughts into perspective.
It re-connects me to myself, through the assertive self-expression.


In an introspective mode lately, the frustration and moodiness that I had been brewing within me frizzed away like fast-escaping steam when the words "Writing and Healing" formed in my mind during a morning meditation. The comfort and relief from knowing they are now synonymous with one other is like finding the missing puzzle piece that I have been fumbling for all this while.
 
The egoistic me once said that I would never tell anyone I have a blog unless I have a huge pool of "blog fans". But now I know I am writing for myself and there is no need to worry about anything else. Rumi had said, “The wound is the place where the light enters you.” And so it is only right when I can affirm this:
.
.
.
.
Writing is the Light that guides me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment