Friday, November 19, 2010

Close Brush

We almost went on a business trip to Kyoto this November, but my boss called it off as she felt the programme was not very fruitful. I did not feel it was much of a loss, until I come to know that a friend was back in Japan to renew his work visa in U.S. during the same period of time.

I sent him off at Changi Airport in November 2008, and it had come to almost two years since his departure. And time slipped by us - unconsciously or deliberately - without really being in close contact all this while. Well, I ever tried - initially. But somehow, the communication between us did not quite work out the way I thought it would. I put the blame on myself; perhaps I should not have tried too hard for something that was out of reach in the first place.
.
.
.
.
Still, we almost had a close brush with each other again this November. But instead of brooding over it, I snapped myself quickly out of the maudlin mood and firmly decided that we are simply not fated. Well, perhaps this close brush would not have made any difference - even if we did touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment